Food Grade Warehouse
Food grade warehouses serve as an invaluable link between the fields of the farmer, the processor, the retailer and the consumer. When it comes to your food supply chain management, you need streamlined food warehousing with the best grocery distribution centers you can find – that’s exactly the kind of food service warehouse solution you’ll find at Commercial Warehousing.
Why Choose Us?
Commercial Warehousing’s food grade warehouse and distribution facilities undergo rigorous evaluations by various organizations and adhere to precise guidelines to meet our standards and our customers’, accommodating every type of food grade warehouse, including:
- Dry storage
- Chilled or refrigerated warehouse storage
- Cold Storage or freezer storage
At Commercial Warehousing, we understand the issues facing the food supply chain for storage, packaging, transportation and handling of inventory in a food grade warehouse.
- Shelf-life (Time to Market)
- The shelf-life for food grade materials varies in ways that no other industry faces. We have handling systems in place that accommodate the many ways that different food products must be handled to provide the best quality for our customers and theirs. Grain storage, if done in a dry environment, is safe for years. Products like cheese and wine, as the old adage goes, gets better with age. On the other hand, cut greens and harvested fruits can start to go bad in a matter of days.
- Cross Docking for Food Materials
- CWI’s cross dock inventory handling process systematically moves your product from incoming trucks to outgoing trucks, cost efficiently eliminating the need for long-term storage. Many food products managed by using JIT inventory management systems require cross docking. If you have products like fruit coming in on one truck and quickly moving to multiple trucks going to multiple retail locations to get product to your customers fast, there is no room for error. Commercial Warehousing the extensive knowledge and experience you are looking for.
- Refrigerated Materials
- Different food products require different refrigeration methods. Commercial Warehousing understands your refrigeration needs and can quickly determine the appropriate storage requirements. Freezing leafy greens is a good way to guarantee product loss while many meat producers prefer their product frozen. Learn more about temperature controlled storage options, cold storage and freezer storage.
- Lot Traceability
- And finally, the food storage warehouse must have a system in place for tracing lot and date codes of products to ensure a “first in, first out” method of inventory rotation.
- Entire Distribution Network
- Food supply chain management. We provide quality shipping to and from our food grade warehouses as well as seamless cross-docking procedures when necessary. Commercial Warehousing has the ability procure dedicated refrigerated and dry van fleets to and from the warehouse so that your product arrive fresh and ready to be eaten.
- Foliage vs Meats vs Frozen Goods
- The handling rules for various food grade products differ greatly. CWI specializes in understanding their needs and working with food manufacturers, other food and grocery distributors, and grocery retailers and wholesalers to ensure that food is handled according to best industry and governmental requirements. Meat products and by-products have rules about cooking and cross-contamination with products meant to be eaten raw. Live plants require specific light, humidity, and temperature storage protocols. Frozen goods require temperatures well below freezing to ensure that there is not any partial thawing in the product.
Our knowledge, processes and strict quality control standards ensure that the food items within our food grade warehouses will not be jeopardized. If you would like to learn more about CWI’s warehousing, we invite you to contact us to discuss your food grade warehousing needs.
Learn more about