We’re a Lean, Clean, 3PL Machine
The best employees. The best technology. The best turnkey 3PL strategies this side of the Mississippi. And we’ve been doing it since 1966—undeterred by global hardships, economic recessions or technological leaps. You name it, we’ve not only survived it, we’ve thrived through it and remained one of the leading Florida logistics companies.
So, when we say we’re organized for your success, we’re not just pulling a clever turn of phrase. We’re telling you how it is when you partner with Commercial Warehousing.
- Committed to Partnership
- Unmatched Flexibility
- Experience in Cold Storage
- Switching is Easy
- Green Initiatives
This is the decade it all began – in 1966, we opened our first warehouse in Auburndale, Florida. Approximately 50,000 square feet, the warehouse was built to support our expanding trucking operations. A year later, Commercial Cold Storage was incorporated and the first refrigerated facility, totaling 80,000 square feet, was constructed in Auburndale.
Peace. Love. And Commercial Warehousing. In the 70s, we increased our dry operations to 375,000 square feet through an expansion of our original site and the addition of two facilities.
When we weren’t lip syncing along with our favorite 80s hair bands, we were hard at work expanding our facilities. We added a fourth and fifth facility in Auburndale, Florida, totaling more than 200,000 square feet. We also constructed two refrigerated facilities, totaling 115,000 square feet.
Before Y2K came at us like the end of the world (yawn, right?), we opened our fifth dry warehouse in Winter Haven, FL totaling 150,000 square feet. We also had a merger: Commercial Cold Storage – which included two facilities totaling in excess of 6.5 million cubic feet of convertible freezer space designed to serve the Florida citrus industry – joined forces with Commercial Warehousing, Inc. Together, they became simply Commercial Warehousing.
During the decade when our phones got smart, our warehousing got smarter, too. Commercial Warehousing and Super Cool Cold Storage merged into a single operation. We now operated in excess of 1.6 million square feet of multi-temperature warehouse capacity in the state of Florida. Also, the Winter Haven dry warehouse facility was expanded an additional 100,000 square feet (nearly 2 football fields).
2010 – Present
As technology evolves at a rapid pace, we’re constantly updating and refining our automated processes to increase efficiency and continue providing you with the most reliable, customer-focused third-party logistics experience in the state of Florida. We can’t wait to see what the future holds. We’ll see you there.
Committed to Partnership
We’re not driven by quarterly numbers, we’re driven by doing what is best for our customers in the long run.
- We’re privately held and our owners are actively engaged in your success, so we can make decisions quickly (including capital purchases)
- Our large company backing with a small company infrastructure gives us the ability to spend more time in our customers’ operations
- CWI’s versatility in labor, assets, resources, temperature ranges, and experience minimizes risk
- We own buildings and land, so we can design and implement the right solution for you without having to worry about whether your product will be moved
- Our partnerships range from small startup businesses to multi-decade relationships with Fortune 100 companies
Need Dry, Refrigerated, or Frozen Storage? Shoot, need them all? CWI provides all temperatures ranges to accommodate any and every logistics and distributions needs
- All-Temp Warehousing, Packaging, and Transportation
- Dedicated, Cross-Trained Employees
- 20% attrition rate (industry standard is double at 40%)
- Have a last minute influx? We can pull labor whenever you need. And they are already knowledgeable about your program, so there is no drop-off in productivity or precision.
- Campus Facility Structure
- Your product will always have a home here at CWI. Just in case you require additional storage than originally planned, we have supporting facilities in the area to meet your needs.
- The Right Solutions Quick
- If the market calls for a change in your current supply chain, you do not need to wait on some extensive approval process. All decision makers are a phone call away.
Experience in Cold Storage
We have experience in both simple and complex solutions ranges from bulk storage to just in time b2b distribution solutions in all temperature ranges.
- 50 years of experience cold storage
- 25 million cubic feet of cold storage, as well as over 1 million square feet of dry storage
- We are a long time member of the International Association of Refrigerated Warehouses (IARW), International Association for Cold Storage Construction (IACSC), and World Food Logistics Organization (WFLO) and are familiar with all aspects of design build and operations of cold storage facilities
Switching is Easy
With our dedicated transition team to see your way through any situation, we make it easy to transition your business to Commercial Warehousing.
- Still have inventory in another facility? We can take care of the logistics of transporting all of your inventory to our facilities – whether it is all at once or in increments. We can facilitate the ramp of your inventory to our facilities while ramping down the inventory you have at others.
- We can integrate our system with yours, adopt your system, or however you would prefer your inventory to be organized, tracked, and traced. We will make sure to make your transition as seamless as possible.
Transparency is key.
Your ability to see your inventory and shipments will be supported by our real-time portal, which will you have your own private sign-in to access any time you want.
Our current efforts in sustainability recently place the company on the Inbound Logistics list of 75 Green Supply Chain Partners. The list highlights companies with impressive green credentials chosen for their measurable green results, sustainability innovation, continuous improvement, and industry recognition.
Commercial Warehousing can deliver cost-effective supply chain solutions catered to your particular needs. It’s what we do. And we do it well across diverse industries..
Employee of the Month
Without our people, we're just a bunch of big buildings.
“I nominate Tammy Bond for employee of the month. There has never been a time when I needed assistance that she has not been available for me. Especially during this holiday season in Bartow with Walmart and Honey Baked Ham promotions running at high speed. Tammy has lifted an enormous amount of stress from me by helping out with anything I need (even when she is at another building). Tammy has a vast amount of knowledge and experience with every warehouse at Commercial Warehousing and I have seen her come up with many different ideas that help things run smoother in the office. She goes to any building that needs help at a moment’s notice without hesitation and, more often than not, she is handling more than one building at a time. She is always cheerful (and funny) and has a special way of keeping the atmosphere calm during our “work storms”. Tammy is my go-to person and I truly know that I can count on her – I am sure that this is true for many of her coworkers and management at Commercial Warehousing. Go Tammy – Go Tammy!!”
-Kathy Summer, Supervisor, T4 Bartow