Efficient. Productive. Cost effective.
Inventory can be one of the biggest expenses a company accumulates during the life of a product. In fact, storage can cost up to 67% of your total warehousing costs – large inventories sitting around waiting to be sold can start to compile warehousing costs. That’s where cross docking comes in to save your business time and money.
Cross Docking gains the efficiency and cost effectiveness of shipping in full truckload quantities. We are efficient and quick to transfer product to an outbound method or break them down (pick and pack) and pack them based on your need, set them in their specific staging area, and sent off the appropriate location. These staging areas offer a designated spot for inbound product to be sorted, combined and stored until the outbound shipment is ready to go, minimizing your need and cost of warehousing.
Having a clean, safe and reliable cross dock facility is an integral middle process in moving inventory from producers to consumers, retailers and wholesalers.
In order for cross docking to work, you’ve got to have your logistics on point. We’ve been prepped and ready to go for business for more than 50 years with:
- A next level understanding and execution of CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems to manage inventory and customer needs throughout your supply chain
- Money-saving order fulfillment and cross docking processes
- Dedicated staging areas in our cross docking warehouse
- Savings money by consolidating multiple smaller loads into a single method of transportation
- Advising on whether product has gone out of range or maintained the cold chain
- Providing a central location for similar products to be combined and delivered to multiple destinations
- Cutting edge logistics software that allows you to track individual deliveries at every stage and level of transport
- Managing inventory before it even arrives, ensuring your partners don’t have to wait for product
- Easing delivery by breaking down large loads into smaller ones
- Agreements will all major carriers shipping nationwide
Long-Term Benefits Abound
Cross docking services with Commercial Warehousing can strengthen business partnerships from source material production through manufacturing and distribution, all the way to the end customer. Managed in real time, our efficient systems lead to increases in customer satisfaction, efficiency and savings.
Consolidating your incoming and outgoing products saves you money on both shipping costs, valuable labor hours and storage costs, adding to your bottom line on a daily, monthly and yearly basis. Cross dock solutions aren’t just processes to help liven up your supply chain. They’re services that will evolve your business.
Cut costs. Stay competitive. Make your business the best version of itself every day. That’s what we do for our customers through cross-docking services and so much more here at Commercial Warehousing.
Learn more about